From: Jim500mopar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Jim500mopar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2005 9:19 AM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: two batteries

[AD removed for archives]
Get up to $1500.00 Fast and Easy!
No Credit Checks! No Paper Hassles! Nothing To Fax!
Apply Online and We'll Contact You Within the Hour!
caadVJ0bV7eBqa/911PaydayAdvance

The starting problem happened again, in completely different circumstance.

2 no-starts out of about 25 times since getting '65 Coronet 500 w/495 roller
wedge back on road.  First time, car was dead cold in morning, turned key
one
position to get electrics going, fuel cell in trunk ran, twisted key to
cranking position, nothing.  No clicks, no rotation.  Came back to car some
hours
later, it started immediately.

A week later, after driving to work to show it off to my grudgingly admiring
Chevy pals, ran to 3-4 stores getting parts, etc, all restarts fine.  Got
home, shutoff in driveway to open gates, etc., then same exact no-start
symptom as
above, only fully hot engine.  Rowed the 727 shifter around, no help, so
yes,
neutral safety switch not likely.

Haven't checked timing, don't know how yet, but it was set by a shop owner
who has worked on and raced Mopars for 30 years.  He hasn't had the car yet
analyze.

New 800cca battery, all new wiring. No need for two batteries, engine
builder
starts his '70 Roadrunner with 800+ cid wedge just fine with one battery &
same wiring system as he installed in my car.

One possibility mentioned is that my hi-torque Dakota-type starter was
weakened during only 3-4000 miles of running with my last 440 build, which
ran hot
all the time, burned plug boots, etc.  A well-meaning friend probably put
the
cam in wrong, had timing way off.  Anyway, might have roasted the starter
with
the 2-inch TTI headers?  But, wouldn't I have the trouble more often, if so?

PS  West coast show/swap coming up 10/15, Chrysler Performance West club's
"Fall Fling", Van Nuys, Ca.  We usually see around 400 Mopars on display.
Our
spring shows now 2 days, in mid-Aprils, have seen as many as 650 cars.