RE: two batteries

[AD removed for archives]
Get up to $1500.00 Fast and Easy!
No Credit Checks! No Paper Hassles! Nothing To Fax!
Apply Online and We'll Contact You Within the Hour!
caadVJ0bOyW3Na/911PaydayAdvance

Good tip on tapping the starter etc.  How about the the ignition switch?
 Could it be that the contacts are bad.  Using the same friend the next
time it fails get them to hold in the start position & and check voltage
at the solenoid to see if it's being energized.
ntolerance wrote:

> Here is something to try. Next time is fails, get a friend to try
> turning the car over with the key, have him hold it into the start
> position.
>
> While it is being held, GENTLY tap the starter with a long pry bar. DO
> NOT slamm the pry bar into the body of the starter as it may crack the
> magnets inside. TAP on it, and tap on the solenoid.
>
> IF the car starts by tapping it, replace the starter, if not try looking
>
> elsewhere again.
>
> Doc.
>

> Jim500mopar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >

> > The starting problem happened again, in completely different
> > circumstance.
> >
> > 2 no-starts out of about 25 times since getting '65 Coronet 500 w/495
> > roller
> > wedge back on road.  First time, car was dead cold in morning, turned
> > key one
> > position to get electrics going, fuel cell in trunk ran, twisted key to
> > cranking position, nothing.  No clicks, no rotation.  Came back to car
> > some hours
> > later, it started immediately.
> >
> > A week later, after driving to work to show it off to my grudgingly
> > admiring
> > Chevy pals, ran to 3-4 stores getting parts, etc, all restarts fine.
> > Got
> > home, shutoff in driveway to open gates, etc., then same exact no-start
> > symptom as
> > above, only fully hot engine.  Rowed the 727 shifter around, no help, so
> >
> > yes,
> > neutral safety switch not likely.
> >
> > Haven't checked timing, don't know how yet, but it was set by a shop
> > owner
> > who has worked on and raced Mopars for 30 years.  He hasn't had the car
> > yet to
> > analyze.
> >
> > New 800cca battery, all new wiring. No need for two batteries, engine
> > builder
> > starts his '70 Roadrunner with 800+ cid wedge just fine with one battery
> >
> > &
> > same wiring system as he installed in my car.
> >
> > One possibility mentioned is that my hi-torque Dakota-type starter was
> > weakened during only 3-4000 miles of running with my last 440 build,
> > which ran hot
> > all the time, burned plug boots, etc.  A well-meaning friend probably
> > put the
> > cam in wrong, had timing way off.  Anyway, might have roasted the
> > starter with
> > the 2-inch TTI headers?  But, wouldn't I have the trouble more often, if
> >
> > so?
> >
> > PS  West coast show/swap coming up 10/15, Chrysler Performance West
> > club's
> > "Fall Fling", Van Nuys, Ca.  We usually see around 400 Mopars on
> > display.  Our
> > spring shows now 2 days, in mid-Aprils, have seen as many as 650 cars.
> >
> > --

Plyguy
'63 Sport Fury
440/727

[AD removed for archives]
Get $1000.00 Overnight! Fast and Easy!
No Credit Checks! Many Lenders are 100% Paperless!
Let The Wizard Find the right Lender for you!
caadVJ5bOyW3Nf/911PaydayAdvance

----

bOyW3N.