RE: don't need a 1ton

 I've been following this with interest,the Little
Woman has a '93 Ram250 4X4 with the Cummins.Tons of
torque and I don't know if I would ever buy another
truck that was not diesel.
 Before semi-retiring,I worked on diesels every day
for 10 years and learned a few things.I am about as
cheap as they come,save a dime anywhere I can.Would I
use a homemade brew of cooking oil??? not on a bet my
friends. Why??? priced a fuel pump lately,why take a
chance? I'm not convinced that home refined oil would
have the lubricating properties necesarry to maintain
the needed tight clearances.
 We heated the old shop with petroleum based waste oil
and it worked fine. We started to use waste cooking
oil that we filtered to the best of our abilities and
we started to have trouble.Granted, this is not a good
comparison,a diesel engine and a waste oil burner,but
if you have trouble with something as crude as a waste
oil burner...

         Just my humble opinion, Stan