6 pack cam. CH28 and retarded timing. 383 eddy milling

6 pack cam. CH28 and retarded timing. 383 eddy milling

[AD removed for archives]
Buying or Selling a Home? Get the Facts Before Buying or Selling!
Get a FREE Home Valuation TODAY!
caadV2pbOyW3Na/Home Valuation

The sixpack cams were tapered to promote better mifter rotation and reduce wear but the grind is the same , identical no different. Actually I believe the main diference may have been inthe lifters and i assume the cam was made to match.
I believe this info can be readily found in Momma Mopars big block book.

The Ch28 i beleive does or at least used to come with the necessary jetting  for it right in the manifold box.

good advice. retarfded timing defonatley will cause glowing everything. I would hope everyone would settheir timing but I suppose some might not.

Eddy heads.
Ist Eddy heads are i think 88c and 84ccs out of the box. that is close to what most mopar heads asre in the realities of production but to get the 10 1 ratios theengines claim one has to blueprint the engine. fatory specs for proper compression call for 79.5 to 80cc heads so right away when you boilt on eddies you are going backwardss on comression although it is no worse than the factory tolerence. Add to that the fact that you need to use a42 thou thick felpro gasket  with aluminum heads instead of the 19 to 22 thou thick gasket these engines cam with originally that further reduces comression. (for street use i buy the 84 cc heads and mill them the addtional 020 to make up for the extra thicknesss of th felpro gasket. Also make sure the pir stons in th e 383 are the rght ones All replacement pistons ecept custom made or TRW  forged replacements and Keith Black  hypereutectics are 9 to 1s not 10 to ones like original. This was so one iston numn bers wil service bothe two barrel and four barrel engines being not exactly correct for both but serficeable inboth applications. This includes thecasting from Momma mpaerwhich are essentially just TRW cast replacement pistons.
Don
Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)
http://stores.ebay.ca/Don-Dulmage-Enterprises

[AD removed for archives]
Ben & Jerry?s® or Häagen-Dazs®?
Take our Nationwide Ice Cream Survey today! Receive a FREE* $100
Restaurant Gift Card of your choice or $100 worth of Ben &
Jerry?s® or Häagen-Dazs® ice cream for participating!
caadVYQbOyW3Nf/Ice Cream Research Survey

----

bOyW3N.