MOVE THE BATTERY???

Ok Guys...
Time has arrived to paint my engine compartment in my
64 Fury 4 speed Convertible, while I wait for the Max
Wege clone motor to be finished. I am not trying to be
dead on in terms of building a clone, but wondering
what you all think in regards to moving the battery to
the trunk. I will run the MW Intake and exhaust
manifolds with proper carter carbs. My battery tray is
excellent. If I move it, do I weld up the bolt holes
which hold it in place? If it is moved is the area
sprayed somewhat black like the front of grille area
or left body color? Should I just leave it where it is
now? I understand companies like Kramer's has kits for
relocating the battery to the trunk. I am not sure if
this is costly or not. Any ideas or experiences with
this task would be appreciated. What do you guys
think????   Lyle in Montana