Re: "Two batteries" revisited, and dragstrips closings

Re: "Two batteries" revisited, and dragstrips closings

[AD removed for archives]
caaeatrbOyW3Na/PC PowerScan

california speedway is the fontana track. i havent heard of irwindale 1/8
mile closing. pomona has been rumored to be closeing for several years, dont
know when that will actually happen. the city has limited the use of the
track to five events per year. there will be a new track called mopar drag
city http://www.drag-city.com in banning, ca that will be opening sometime
in the future. i think it would be great if NHRA moved out of pomona
fairplex to fontana.

On 11/1/05, Jim500mopar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <Jim500mopar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> For those who may remember the intermittent starting problem thread of
> several weeks ago......changing the starter relay solved the problem. This
> delighted me, since doing so was inexpensive, and within my puny
> mechanical skill
> level.
>
> Meanwhile, further work on the '65 Coronet 500 approaches, I sold my '72
> Norton motorcycle (sob) to finance progress.
> ----------------
> For those in SoCal, here is some news on the dwindling supply of drag
> strips,
> from old heads who have been reliable sources in past, but I can't vouch
> for
> accuracy:
>
> The 1/8 mile strip at Irwindale (California Speedway) is said to be
> closing,
> time frame not told. This is the only place the rice rocket kids have to
> go
> frequently enough to put a dent in the dangerous street racing that "Too
> Fast,
> Too Furious" exacerbated here.
>
> Fontana's strip is not closing, but will be relocated on the property,
> this
> is prompted by the impending CLOSING OF POMONA. Yes, the famed
> Winternationals
> strip is supposedly closing, the reason's all too familiar. The locals
> moved
> next to it, and began to complain about the noise. The County of Los
> Angeles
> already kicked the lucrative & huge militaria/gun show out of the
> fairgrounds
> (that eventually cost the taxpayers over a million to achieve), and now
> they
> want to get rid of the cars. One rumor is they want to build some kind of
> amusement park.
>
> Since Big Willie's Terminal Island closee some years ago, and Carlsbad
> just
> recently, if the above accurate, Fontana & Bernie's LACR track at Palmdale
> (2-3
> hour drive) all that will be left in the arguable birthplace of drag
> racing!
>
> NHRA will move to Fontana, hence the strip move to accomodate bigger
> crowds,
> etc. There is one silver lining, the current strip placement leaves you
> looking directly into the sun at dusk when racing in springtime, so that
> will be
> one "blessing". HOWEVER, NHRA isn't all that friendly to
> regular-guy-door-slammers, they are too wrapped up into the money now.
> They already cut back the
> number of days Pomona would accept non-class cars.
>
> We need a new track in Los Angeles.
>
> --
>

> ----
> directly to that person. I.e., send parts/car transactions and
> negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended
> [...]

[AD removed for archives]
MAKE NEW FRIENDS, MEET POTENTIAL BUSINESS PARTNERS, FIND THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE!
IT'S EASY, IT'S FUN! AND BEST OF ALL, IT'S TOTALLY FREE!
caaeatFbOyW3Nf/Friendsand.com

----

bOyW3N.