RE: Balanced flywheels

[AD removed for archives]
New Apple® iPod® nano. As Thin as a No. 2 Pencil. Stores up to 3 Days of Songs! Get it Here FREE*!
caaeatBbOyW3Na/Superb Rewards -------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes the cranks are drilled but not completly. Engine may have had an automatic behind it. THen the bushing will not fit. I have had to turn them down a bit to fit. Alway worked for me.

MOPAR413 Polara 500 (Gary)

[AD removed for archives]
MAKE NEW FRIENDS, MEET POTENTIAL BUSINESS PARTNERS, FIND THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE!
IT'S EASY, IT'S FUN! AND BEST OF ALL, IT'S TOTALLY FREE!
caaeatFb6eGsBa/Friendsand.com

The crank was drilled for the bushing, but the one I got at Jeg's didn't
fit. However, a Mopar mechanic I know told me to use a Dakota bearing,
which I did. It fit into the crank where the converter snout goes and
worked great.
Jeff
Thomas R Hansen wrote:

> On Thu,  3 Nov 2005 13:03:23 +0000 ledman_70@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> > [AD removed for archives]
> > Need a new Cell Phone? A BlackBerry 7250 could be yours free! Find
> > out how!
> > caaeatub7uTYYa/Amazing phone
> >
> > Sure did Tom.
> > Jeff
> > Thomas R Hansen wrote:

> > > . If you push the cluth in
> > someting
> > when I
> > recall.
> > >
> > >  Did you replace the input shaft pilot bushing?
> > >  Tom in Dallas
> >

> > Jeff Adams
> > 64 Polara
> >

>  The reason I asked, is once uppon a time in my get'er'done youth, I had
> a 383 & automatic from a chrysler Newport stuck in my car. I traded a
> local guy my automatic for a four speed set-up, bell housing, flywheel,
> trans, even an old shifter, and proceded to try to put it together. The
> 383 did not have a provision for a pilot bushing. I had to get the car
> on
> the road, so I made a steel bushing to fit the crank hub, in place of
> the
> converter snout, and fit a bushing into that. The previous 4 speed owner
> had hacked the long end of the input shaft off with a saw, to keep it
> from interfering with the crankshaft. You make do on a low budget and
> reuse bailling wire when needed. The car would have a bad vibration at
> times, but a quick pump of the clutch pedal would smooth it out. I
> actually drove this car every day to work for years.
>  I am not condoning rigging any car together,  but sharing an experience
> I had.  I also wondered if your engine that never had a 4 speed behind
> it, even had a pilot shaft bushing provision?  Tom in Dallas, formerly
> Po
> dunk,  Arkansas.

Jeff Adams
64 Polara

[AD removed for archives]
FREE DVR
And up to 3 additional standard receivers!
Call 1-800- 901 - 5080 Today
caaeas1b6eGsBf/DirectSatTV

----

[AD removed for archives]
Oprah vs Dr. Phil- who is your favorite? Vote now.
caaeatsbOyW3Nf/Your opinion

----

bOyW3N.