Unpleasant Surprise

The wife and I decided to take the Coronet for a cruise today as is
was ~70 degrees w/ a clear sky out here NE of Baltimore. We had to
make a quick stop, and to get out of this place you have to make a
right, go down the next light and make a u-turn @ said light on US Rte
40.

When I got straightened out, I decided to buzz it up a little bit in
first gear for the first time and see how it acted. It was doing OK,
but when I got towards the top end of 1st gear, I heard this kind of
"BRRRRRRRT" come out from under the dash and then it pissed coolant
all over my right foot and new carpet! (apparently out of the heater
control valve). I pulled over and got most of it wiped up, and was
luckily able to get the rest of the way home without incident.

From looking @ how my heater core & control valve are setup, the
heater control valve seal is a little scary @ best, but there's got to
be SOME way to prevent this from happening again. Any ideas? The car
is a 65 Coronet 500 'vert w/o AC.

Thanks in advance

Bill M
65 Coronet 500 'vert