Driving it

Rich Kinsley  '64 Polara 4 dr 318poly w/goodies

I did a little highway cruisin today to try out the higher rpm's. At
about 78mph I'm hitting 3000rpm's. Before I got my tach installed I was
probably way too conservative. It's soooo loud I was sure I was hitting
the r's hard but with the tach it looks like I probably never hit over
4000rpm's. I wound it up to 5300 a number of times today and it liked
it. (So did I.) I haven't had the oil blow-by issue anymore either.
According to the formula my redline would be about 5300rpm. Sounds kinda
low to me. I am gonna check the advance further up in the r's past 3000
to see what happens there.

I intend to retorque the heads and reset the valve lash this winter too.
I had a top radiator hose leak some. I tightened it again and it was
fine. I'll recheck my header bolts too for good luck.

They say we may have our first snow this Thursday morning so it's about
time for the car to hit the garage for the winter. Sure wish it was
heated!

----

bSONJP.