Tie Rod length adjustment and installation

Tie Rod length adjustment and installation

Hey all,

After taking all the time to rebuild the whole suspension, I pulled
the tie rods off too and replaced them.  On measurement of the old
ones, I found the drivers side to be 14 1/4" long and the passenger an
even 14".  I pulled the old ends out of the sleeves and put the new
ones in to that same length as best I could.  Questions:

1--Should there be a difference in length?
2--How can I tell what the *right* length is?

I'd like to not have to pull them off again.  Now that I think of it,
I have a 64 Dart front K in my yard, I could go measure them and see.
I just didn't want to do this again!

Thanks

MJ

On 10/6/06, Jim Ozolins <j_ozolins@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>This is kinda on/kinda off topic...it's a website of Mopar junyard
>models. I have seen some impressive models built, but these are
>unbelievable! You can also remove the model.html and look around.
>http://www.bugsysjunkers.com/muscle.html
>Jeff Adams
>64 Polara

Try this link too, to see some amazing car modeling.

http://www.scaleautomag.com

There is a forum where people very frequently post pictures of the car
models they've built.
There are some amazing results there, and of course, Mopars are very popular
in the Muscle Car, Race Car, Factory Stock, and other sub-forums. Alot of
the builders are super-concerned with originality of the paint finishes,
option packages, etc.

Makes for an interesting time online.

Jim O.

----