64 fury Z bar woes

I've finaly installed the pieces and parts that I have been collecting
to convert the Fury over to a manual trans.The last parts were the z bar
and frame brkts and ball.The frame brkt went in the factory holes (3
bolt)just fine. The trouble is if you put the ball in either one of the
bellhousing mounting holes the z bar isn't close to being straight.I
have a brkt with a ball on it and it looks like it would put the z bar
in the proper position but the 2 holes in it are a lot small then the
ones on the bellhousing that hold the ball on with.
Is there an adapter that is used to mount the brkt with the ball screw
to the bell housing? The rod from the clutch peddle lines up great with
the arm of the z bar,and since it fit in the original holes I think it's
the right one.
Any help or information is greatly appreciated.
Bill
64 Fury

----

bSONJP.