Why I'm Not Man Enough For Car Restoration

Why I'm Not Man Enough For Car Restoration

I got my '62 Polara late in July this past summer, and about two weeks
after I bought mine, another guy listed a '62 dart for sale, same car
pretty much, 4 door, white, except for the trim and his is a 225,
(mines a 361).  Mine has some rust issues, (bottoms of the doors, one
fender, hood and deck lid, the cowl will probably need to be cut out,
patched underneath, then put back on, and probably the trunk pan).
The car is up again and the guy is real desperate, it says the car
must go and hes listing it for $1000, but mine was listed at 1350, and
I got mine for 450.  I dont know what to do, cause I dont think i have
the cojones to buy a nicer car and cut it up for one as beat up as
mine, but then again it would save me thousands of dollars, and
literally with about one day's work, almost all of my rust problems
would be taken care of.  The problem is, the guy I got mine from sold
it to me because his parents were the original owners and he was
afraid that someone else would throw it away and he wanted to make
sure it survived. In other words I am a sentimental pussy and I
wouldnt be able to take the Polara crap off mine and put it on that
one, and i couldnt put that one in mine, but I'm gonna be in law
school soon and it might be a while before I have the thousands it
would take to patch up the one I have.  The one this guy is selling is
also pretty much a driver, it just needs trans seals and new tires
probably.  I just have a feeling if this guy is desperate, the car
will end up in a bone yard soon anyway if noone grabs it.

I even named the one I have already Farrah Fawcett

--
Cary Morgan
1962 Polara 500

----