RE: Why I'm Not Man Enough For Car Restoration

RE: Why I'm Not Man Enough For Car Restoration

Hi,

I'll jump into this discussion.

If you want to keep the car you have for whatever reason (sentimentality
is a reason) get the other car and pull it apart to save yours and don't
worry about it.

You keep the previous owner and your conscience happy and you also save
a whole lot of work.

Another factor is that you have your car (I'm assuming registered and
drivable) so you are improving what you already have.  We all do that in
one way or another.  Also going through the hassle of safety checks and
such to drive the other car may not be worth the hassle.

You can also feel better knowing, that if the other car does not get
sold to someone who needs it, it will just get scrapped like so many
others in the past.

Good luck.

K.

Cary Morgan wrote:

> I got my '62 Polara late in July this past summer, and about two weeks
> after I bought mine, another guy listed a '62 dart for sale, same car
> pretty much, 4 door, white, except for the trim and his is a 225,
> (mines a 361).  Mine has some rust issues, (bottoms of the doors, one
> fender, hood and deck lid, the cowl will probably need to be cut out,
> patched underneath, then put back on, and probably the trunk pan).
> The car is up again and the guy is real desperate, it says the car
> must go and hes listing it for $1000, but mine was listed at 1350, and
> I got mine for 450.  I dont know what to do, cause I dont think i have
> the cojones to buy a nicer car and cut it up for one as beat up as
> mine, but then again it would save me thousands of dollars, and
> literally with about one day's work, almost all of my rust problems
> would be taken care of.  The problem is, the guy I got mine from sold
> it to me because his parents were the original owners and he was
> afraid that someone else would throw it away and he wanted to make
> sure it survived. In other words I am a sentimental pussy and I
> wouldnt be able to take the Polara crap off mine and put it on that
> one, and i couldnt put that one in mine, but I'm gonna be in law
> school soon and it might be a while before I have the thousands it
> would take to patch up the one I have.  The one this guy is selling is
> also pretty much a driver, it just needs trans seals and new tires
> probably.  I just have a feeling if this guy is desperate, the car
> will end up in a bone yard soon anyway if noone grabs it.
>
> I even named the one I have already Farrah Fawcett
>
> --
> Cary Morgan
> 1962 Polara 500
> 361c.i./Auto