RE: 400 build up

Dave, one other thing is that we were trying to do it on the cheap
and only looking for a 426. They are presently running it in a drag
car and beating up on the competitions. Though no dyno results but
Don thinks(?) 500+ hp.
Like you I have a 400 laying around and was thinking of building one
and putting in a '85 Ram 150, short bed, the pro-street look.

DJ

> Why not just buy a new stroker crank from 440Source? Why spend
> $200-300
> on a 30-40 year old fatigued crank?I put a 3.915" crank in a 383
> for
> 450".In a 400 block you'd get 470".A 4.15 Chevy pin crank is also
> do-able in the 400 for 499".With good heads,600HP is a piece of
> cake.
>
>   Dave Walters
>   Denver, Co.
>
>   64 Bel Wagon