Olympia charger

There are two Olympia chargers. There is the real Charger built under the FAST rules which i supplied the engine for and there is the USAC race car that was eventually used in the race. The FAST car has door handles and the number 4 on the door. the Usac car does not have doors and carries the number 49. It also has a hemi instead of the 400 . Project was successful enough in its intial testing to attract huge sponsors as Chrstophe S said "with deep pockets" and so the decsion was made to go from a street based real car to an all out racer. I was disappointed to say the least as was Oliver Zinn in Olfen De a who skillfully put the combo together without a hitch. However to have been a part in anyway was more than i ever dreamed. Wish i had that motor here for my 63. it is a goer! christophe S stil has the #4 car
Don

Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)