Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 13:00:46 -0500
From: "Jim Altemose" <jaltemoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RB pad decode?

I'm looking at an engine block casting 2406730.  I don't have the casting
dates.

The pad says:
V 42
2 25 hp

I'm pretty sure this means 1964 426, February 25, High Performance.
Do I have anything wrong?  Does MP mean 425 HP vs. 415 for HP?  Or
does HP imply a street wedge engine?  Is this a Max Wedge block for
sure? Thanks.

- Jim
Jim Altemose, Long Island, NY
'63 Polara 500 (Max Wedge), '65 Belvedere I (Street Wedge), '71 Bronco

----