Heater problems AGAIN!

Since I've been having problems w/ the Coronet's heater, I've been
carrying heater hose pinch pliers in the car just in case...boy am I
glad I had them this last Sunday. We started out and for some reason
it started pissing AF almost immediately, so I pulled over and put the
heater hose pliers on both hoses. But this time, we got ~2 miles from
the house and the wife says "I smell antifreeze...". I look down, and
the carpet under the gas pedal is soaked. I pulled over and popped the
hood only to find AF all over the left valve cover, intake, and
running down the firewall.. It looked like it was coming out of the
heater hose and pissing into the car through the firewall from the
outside. I KNOW the clamp was tight on the heater control valve. This
problem is becoming increasingly frustrating.

Also, any tricks for getting the heater control valve out of the car
WITHOUT pulling the box? It doesn't look like I can do it that way

Bill M
65 Coronet 500 'vert