RE: Heater problems AGAIN!

Bill, I don't know if the 64 and 65 B body heaters are indetical, but I
pulled the water valve out of my 64 Polara by just removing the 2 screws
that hold the valve and 2 that hold the terperature sensor connected to
it then just slid it out. You gotta almost stand on your head or kneel
beside the car, but all it takes is a phillips screwdriver once the
hoses are removed. If you can't get it to stop leaking, get a generic
under the hood valve from Bouchillon Performance for $27 and a longer
control cable. Mine works ok now and my tennis shoes are staying white,
not green!

Bill Maurits wrote:

> Since I've been having problems w/ the Coronet's heater, I've been
> carrying heater hose pinch pliers in the car just in case...boy am I
> glad I had them this last Sunday. We started out and for some reason
> it started pissing AF almost immediately, so I pulled over and put the
> heater hose pliers on both hoses. But this time, we got ~2 miles from
> the house and the wife says "I smell antifreeze...". I look down, and
> the carpet under the gas pedal is soaked. I pulled over and popped the
> hood only to find AF all over the left valve cover, intake, and
> running down the firewall.. It looked like it was coming out of the
> heater hose and pissing into the car through the firewall from the
> outside. I KNOW the clamp was tight on the heater control valve. This
> problem is becoming increasingly frustrating.
>
> Also, any tricks for getting the heater control valve out of the car
> WITHOUT pulling the box? It doesn't look like I can do it that way
>
> Bill M
> 65 Coronet 500 'vert

Jeff Adams
64 Polara