Re: moving oil filter..Don D. where are you !

Bob I always make a shield for the oil to run out in. I use a piece of cardboard and stuf it under the filter. I keep it tilted slightly downward and have the new filter where I can reach it. Then my drain bucket is under the K-frame and the oil runs off the cardboard into the drain bucket and I put the new filter on while holding the cardboard there. I am also a fanatic about keeping my eng bay and car clean and that works good for me. Mine also has the 440 that I put the SuperStock 426 ceacals on. Ron ----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Fortson" <bobt1885@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "mopar bulletin board" <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2007 9:32 AM
Subject: moving oil filter..Don D. where are you !

No responses on my question about moving my oil filter
on the '76 440 build in my '63 Fury yet? Surely
someone can help me?

The problem is (of course) the K member must be
totally soaked in oil inside and out to remove
filter...and one must be VERY careful to get the
shortest filter around (and then ding in the bottom
just a little) to avoid conflict with the power
steering belt...which is only a problem if you have
installed a non a/c crank pulley (2 belt from 426
block) when building the engine instead of the 3 belt
one...which of course then requires modification of
the stock steering pump bracket , etc.,.etc....ad
nauseum.
 I am contemplateing the remote location
kits...rubber hoses and such...good idea or not...?
who's kit....coolers, etc.

Bob Fortson

Looking for earth-friendly autos?
http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/