To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2007 3:39 PM
Subject: Re: Max Wedge hood?

Is it just me or are this pictures not available to
everyone ? I keep getting the "web page not available"
and an invitation to "sign in"..
Bob Fortson
--- Robert <r.lane@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We've been told a bit of history about how our 63
came to have a 426 fitted
(originally a 361), but I don't think we were told
anything about how the
hood came to have the bracing cut. I doubt it's off
an original MW car but
the way it's cut looks the same as the real ones
I've seen. Because it's a
late 62 car (ie before the lightweight/hoodscoop
option) it's just the flat
hood without any holes cut, but I think the way the
bracing is cut would be
the same as if it had the holes & scoop fitted.
Anyway, here are some pics I took a couple of months
ago of the 4 corners.
Some are clearer than others but are good enough to
get the idea

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rob426uk/album?.dir=/96descd&.src=ph&.tok=phOUtlGBTR1btla.

Hope they're of some use...

Robert