RE: Can a /6 Have a Good Sound?

Thanks for the responses, pretty much what I had concluded already, was
just hoping maybe someone had discovered something.
Maybe I will go the other route and make people think its not even
running. It is almost like that already, it idles down so far that
sometimes I dont even think its running. Rivals some of the foreign cars
of today when it comes to idle smoothness and quietness.
In the mean time I will cruise around "sipping" fuel and at least I will
be getting some satisfaction running this engine combination. Did I
mention I have a manual three on the tree? That is a little clunky also.

> On 5/22/07, Garry Penn <buildin64@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> > With fuel prices the way they are I am going to stick with my /6 at
> > least for this year.
> > Has anyone ever gotten a /6 to sound even close to a good big block with
> > a set of flowmasters on it?
> > I have heard the /6 race cars and too me, sorry no offense :),they sound
> > like a swarm of bee's heading down the track. I gotta have a good
> > throaty sound, or I will stick with my 1" dia. single exhaust that I can
> > barely hear running.
> > Maybe you cant get a good sound because of the inline cylinders vs the V
> > configuration?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Garry Penn
> > 65 Bel 1 2dr Sedan
> >

> > ----
> > Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person --
> > directly to that person.  I.e., send parts/car transactions and
> > negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended
> > recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will
> > protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the
> > content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!
> >
> > '62 to '65 Mopar Clubhouse Discussion Guidelines:
> > http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.html.
> >

> --
> Menko Johnson
> http://menko.no-ip.com/portfolio