RE: Can a /6 Have a Good Sound?

Ok I'm taking offense to all the Bee remarks. LOL I have a Super /6 in
my 78 D-150 short bed with a Dutra Dual exhaust and a pair of Smithy
glasspacks and I love the sound. I affectionately call the truck "The
Green Hornet" although a friend of mine likes to call it the "The Green
Mosquito" after the 50's instumental. (of course this is the same friend
that kept calling the 66 Hemi Charger I had a Marlin) Actually the sound
reminds me a lot of a WW-2 fighter plane. Most people after watching me
pull in at cruises ask me if it has a 360 or a big block in it. I just
love popping the hood and watching their jaw drop. That slant six draws
more attention then my Hemi ever did. Two people have now told me after
hearing the truck at speed that it sounds like a Viper. Years ago
another friend of mine had a 68 Barracuda notchback with /6 and a 65
Valiant (does that make this on topic? lol) 4 speed behind it. It had a
4 bbl and headers with a pair of NAPA economy mufflers and it sounded
just like a Jag XKE.

"Loud Pipes Save Lives" Dan

----