DEutschland Mopars

There is a HUGE mopar group in Germany. After all Walter Chrysler's grandfather was Herr Kreizler and the name was respelled to Chrysler and Crysler (like mine was , Dolmetsch to Dolmage to Dulmage) ) during a short stay in Ireland . The Mopar club is headquartered in Hamburg or actually Olfen Germany and is headed up by Oliver Zinn who is a very skilled Moparite. He does the maintainance on the Oly Charger tube chassis race car which has a Ray Barton hemi (See this months Hot Rod  around page 48 i think)  and the forerunner or practice car (which is a real 72 Dodge charger) which he put together.  That is the one with my engine a 400. From all contacts i have had with him he seems to be a very nice person and very knowledgable with a well equipped shop. I also know by email one of his employees who is doing a slant 6 lancer turbo. Moparshop de as Gary said is his link. I think he would welcome a visit. Dusseldorf is the nearest large place to him i think. At least that is where they flew the engine I did for them to. Christophe Schwartz who owns the Oly charger  is german but has his business in France and lives in Verseilles. Christophe often writes for french and german Hotrod magazines. Chromejewellen  I think, is the german one. You can find that on his website for the Oly charger. He will be on Car Crazy with Barry M interviewing him shortly i hear.  In Sweden there is Ludwig Falgren who is a young but knowledgable mopar guy. In Holland there is Herman Meiners who lives near Rotterdam . Herman has four Mopars and is heavily involved with KR8 magazine which is devoted to North American cars and hot rods in Holland . Both Christophe Schwartz and Herman Meiners have been members of this mail list group at one time or another which is how I met them.  I think there may be a members list on Oliver's Moparshop.de website .  In Holland English is always possible. In Germany and France it is only sometimes available. Oliver Zinn, Christophe Schwartz, Herman Meiners and Ludvig Falgren all speak perfect English although all my dealings with Christophe were in german but when he was here with us in Canada his english was better than ours.
That is about it. I think. I know there are mopar guys in Switzerland and even one of my distant cousins there, has a Chrysler Lebaron and a Dodge van in his collection but I have not met him, only his son.
 Don
Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)