RE: Frame Connector Question

Joe,

I have not replied since you have been getting good advice. But
I would like to add a couple of things that might help. Welding the
connectors to the floor: Not so much a function of HP, but a function
of how hard the car can hook up at launch. With the tires and suspension
your running, I would not go to the trouble of welding to the floor.

Welding up unibody seams. On pure race car's we have prepared in the
past for both drag and road racing, we have "stitched welded" the seams.
This should be done exactly the same on both sides of the car. IMO you
should do the whole car, or nothing. Unibodys are amazingly strong
considering
the dinky spot welds they are put together with. When doing the whole car,
you should have the frame striped and on a chassis plate while welding in
a pre-described pattern to limit chassis warping.

Make sure the car is either on a lift sitting on its tires, or if you put it
on stands
it is level and the jacks are in the very same spot on all four corners.
When
you weld the frame connectors in, it will effect the chassis alignment if
you
have the chassis in a bind. I have seen guys do this and have the car in
such
a bind, that when they are done, the doors won't open well. Have fun....

Earl

I'll be pulling the carpet up in the future for some sound deadener
installation so I'll do the floor welding then.  I notice alot of
body/frame seams
with unwelded gaps underneath that I'll be filling in.   Can't hurt... Can
it?
Joe

----