RE: Rear tapered axles/ brakes

First of all, does your puller look similar to the one shown right near
the top of the tech page on the 62-65 web site?
I use a 3 lb. fist maul to tighten down the screw.  Once it's good and
tight give the end of the screw a good whack, like hitting a punch.
Many times this will get things moving.  Also I always remove the castle
nut and then thread it back on backwards just far enough so that it is
flush with the end of the axle.  This will keep the end of the axle from
flaring out in case you over do it.  If it doesn't pop off the first
time see if you can get another turn or so out of the screw and try it
again.  Then get out the torch!

Paul L.
'63 Sport Fury
440/727