RE: George's engine install & ???'s

I've been the same route as George...I pulled a poly and pushbutton and
installed a 426 and 4-spd using Schumachers mounts and everything went
in fine. They are designed to bolt to a bigblock and 318 K-frame. The
trick is the mounts bolt to the BACK side of the engine ears.

Richard Kinsley wrote:

> Rich Kinsley  '64 Polara 4 dr 318poly w/goodies
>
> Today we got George's 426 wedge and 4 speed trans in the car. There are
> some issues with the motor mounts though. The problem is that the engine
>
> sets angled with the trans tail off towards the drivers side rear a
> little. We fought to get the mounts in their K-frame towers.
>
> I was thinking that there were only /6 and v-8 K-frames, not big block
> and small block. Is this correct? If so it seems the engine mounts
> (insulators?) need to be a little different between the big blocks and
> small blocks. The drivers side needs to be moved back a little, about
> 3/4" maybe. I have a set of big block adapters for my '64 B-body from
> Schumachers. I was looking at them and they look exactly right for his
> install BUT his engine came out of his car as I recall so they should be
>
> OK. I'd bet anything though that the mount adapters I have would cure
> his problem. Any ideas?

Jeff Adams
64 Polara

----