RE: George's engine install & ???'s

When I installed my first 413 in the car I used the Poly mounts and
redrilled some of the holes...this let me put the motor in, but it
wasn't right and the headers hit the inner fenders and there were other
issues. When I put the 426 in and the new mounts, everything was fine.

Richard Kinsley wrote:

> ledman_70@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > I've been the same route as George...I pulled a poly and pushbutton and
> > installed a 426 and 4-spd using Schumachers mounts and everything went
> > in fine. They are designed to bolt to a bigblock and 318 K-frame. The
> > trick is the mounts bolt to the BACK side of the engine ears.
> The mounts are on the backside correctly but that doesn't cut it. The
> main issue I have is that I thought this engine was already in this car
> before so why doesn't it fit back in? I do believe the Schumachers are
> what it needs though.
>

> Rich Kinsley  '64 Polara 4 dr 318poly w/goodies

Jeff Adams
64 Polara

----