'64 Dodge trim clips

An embarassingly long time ago I took apart my '64 Dodge 440 4-door apart
to be painted.  Now I'm ready to start putting the stainless trim back on
the sides of the car.  I know plastic clips go in almost all the trim holes,
but some of them used metal, spring-loaded clips with nuts on the back.
I guess these were to keep the trim from sliding on the plastic clips...

Since it's been so long, I don't have any clue how many metal clips there
should be or where to use them.  Would it really matter if I just used
plastic clips in all the holes (I think I have enough extras)?

Also, how does the trim go back on?  Does it just snap on the top of the
clips, or do you have to slide it over, along the length of the car?

Thanks
-- Tony  brummett@xxxxxxxxx
'64 Dodge 440
'65 Dart GT