To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2008 9:41 PM
Subject: '65 wiring harness?

Hi guys, it's been a while since I've been here.

Finally decided after about 10 years to fix the electrical gremlins in
the 'vert.  After doing a thorough inspection, I've discovered my wiring
harness is shot.  Old, crumbly, burned, worn in various places.  Rather
than cobble something together, I'd rather just find a replacement.
Other than the Mopar Performance electronic ignition, its' stock, so it
shouldn't be rocket science.  This is from the firewall to the engine.
  I looked on the Year One site and they have a couple of generic '65
Dodge B body harnesses.  Should I go for the HU24, which is original?
Or the HU24M, which is configured for the later (1970+) voltage
regulator and alternator.  The alternator is fine, but I wouldn't
necessarily mind upgrading it after 40 years.  Any suggestion for a new
coil, as well?  This is a stock 361, so I'm not looking for ultimate
high performance, just a dependable driver.
  And is there a source besides Year One?  I have nothing against them,
but if there is something better, please let me know.  Thanks
  TP

Tony Puig
Mountain View, CA
'65 Coronet 500 'vert