re: disc and other brakes

I had really bad brakes, I thought< on my car when I got it. It'd go
everywhere from side to side when I tried to stop hard. I replaced
everything on the stock system and had the same issue. Then I did the
disc conversion on the front AND all the suspension components. BTW it
is a manual set up. Anyway upon doing the suspension I discovered why
the stopping was bad. Not the brakes but all the play in the suspension.
The steering box was ready to fall off. I tightened those bolts about
3/16" with my fingers before using a wrench! Anyway without the
conversion it probably would've been just fine after the suspension
work.

Regarding pedal pressure, I have manual brakes but call them power
because it takes two feet pressing hard. They have a very stiff feel and
I don't think I could lock them up if I bolted the pedal to the floor.
It has the "correct" kit components but I do believe the master cylinder
is an issue. I am not dissatisfied though as I can let go of the wheel
and jam the brakes hard and it will stop dead straight and fast BUT it
won't lock 'em up, period.

That's what I found.

----