Re: Timing Problem!

Couldnt a good sized vacuum leak cause such a problem?

On Jun 3, 2008, at 9:26 AM, William Cole wrote:

Okay, enough chastising about the "off a tooth" thing. I should have
said, "run right".
I was in error about that statement. I guess I knew it would run but
just was in a hurry to get the message across about the problem.
With the engine in the car and the trouble we had getting the headers on
and the like we didn't feel like diving to deep into the trouble.
It may be the dampener is marked wrong. If the guy drives for a while
and
it runs bad we'll look deeper into what's wrong. For right now the owner
was in a hurry to get the car back and drive it. He may bring it back
later, who knows? He can't even get full throttle because of the screwed up floor boards his dad put in. He has old signs and sheet metal screwed
to the floor and with the new carpet he can only get about 3/4 open on
the carb. Kinda of like a governer for him I guess. He wants new floors
put in later this winter but for now unless he cuts the carpet back
he'll have to live with it the way it is.

Bill C.
On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 09:32:05 -0500 (Central, "Herb"