Reg. Vs. Silicone brake fluid?

I use to turn wrenches for the Postal Service and we used Dot 5 on all of
our vehicles and never flushed the system when we converted from Dot 3 every
time we did we had problems problems and more problems.  The trick is bleed
all of the Dot 3 out,  the Dot 5 was blue in color so we power bled it till
it ran clear blue.  Our biggest problem was the contractors that local POs
hired kept putting Dot 3 in the system anyway.  We painted DOT 5 Only!!
Installed  warning stickers but it never sank in.  It turned to mud in the
master!  We just cleaned the master cylinder out and bled the rest out with
no adverse efects.  We got a batch in that was red and it helped slow down
the contractors from commingling the Dot's, but then we had a couple of them
put ATF in the reservoir.  (And they work on peoples cars for a living...
Scarry!!)   Every once in a while when we got a new batch of vehicles in we
had a vehicle that had a soft pedal from the start and we usually warranted
the master cylinder with good results, no rhyme or reason same person bled
all cars just one persnickety one every once an a while.  St. Louis is not
high altitude ether??  It was mostly GM products that we had the most
problems!! Go figure!!  All and All the only problems we had with Dot 5 were
human induced!

Herb

I have been using the Dot 5 for 3 years on my 64 440 and it works great.
  I had a new system so flushing was not an issue.

I intend on using it in my wifes 64 Polarar 500 convert also.

K.

----