Re: Problem with Neutral Start Switch Set-up

Re: Problem with Neutral Start Switch Set-up

The rooster comb is replaced by a "crows foot, with two toes" (my definition of what it looks to me.
One toe depresses the neutral switch in the park position.
The other toe depresses it in the neutral position.
The space between the toes is reverse. Therefore there is nothing to depress the switch, preventing it from starting in neutral.
The gear detents are in the shifter.
There is a differance of the later neutral switch. I just can't remember what those differances are. If you ground out the sutomatic relay where the neutral wire is attached, it bypasses the switch, enabling the car to start in any gear, or position of the shifter. It'll make it possible to test the car at the strip, but you really need to use what ever switch you are using to locate ground, for safetys sake.

 Jimmy

Don Gallimore wrote:

The "good" car is a '65 floor shifter Satellite. The "bad" is a '65 B&M shifted Belvedere. The 4-speed starter relay does not have a terminal for a neutral start. I've put the automatic tranny relay on the bad car. Hmmmm... Is there a possbility that the tranny doesn't have a roster comb? Also, I have tested the car as outlined in the 62-65 Tech section and did not get the trouble light to glow. Makes me wonder if the neutral start switch in the trannys are different in the later model 727. The one is the car has a 73 date crayoned onto it.

 Akron Don

----