Arm droplive

Yes you are right. I am sorry. I fogot they changed the name to Toronto Motorsports park. Seems like a dumb name to us since it is nowhere near Toronto but close to our Steel town of Hamilton. It was called Cayuga when i raced there. Last time I was there was 14 years ago last friday and probab ly ten years ago before that. I used to run there every time it was open if i could with my 63 Dodge then my Hemi Dart.  Which brings me to another story. Sorry but these things just pop up. Yesterday after a oildown I  was in the staging lanes with Wager talking to sme younger racers from our town of Belleville. There young lads have or have access to money for racing I never dreamed of and this particular guy has an Scott Shafirof motor in his car and has i believe two of them. It is of course a Camero . I commented to these younger dudes who where not even concieved when we raced here that the staging lanes had not been paved or upgraded since we raced here in the 60s and 70s. These guy dont think anyone raced before they started and especially stupid old fat farts like us. or me. He got quite beligerant and stood right nose to nose to me. "You raced here in the 70s? he asked with sarcasim in his voice. "yup" I replied. " And so if you did what did you run here?" I gave him a 2 word answer." Hemi Dart." "REALLY! "he said with a sarcastic snarl. "Yes son." I said " Really ." Tis funny how 20 to 30 year olds think the world began the day they were born. Anyway we walked away chuckling to ourselves  at his impertinance and he is a good racer  so i wouldnt take that from him but it still was funny.
Anyway www.armdroplive.comIs the website on my entry ticket. Hopefully they will have a schedule there and some of our group can make an appearance .
Don

Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)