Re: Layson Fiasco

I agree that repro parts should not be stamped with original logos/etc., unless they are under Chrysler's quality control. As we in North America are watching so many of our jobs go to places like China, should we then not benefit from cheaper repro parts? All things being equal, I'd like to see duties on all China-produced products that reflect the disparity between what it costs to make items there & here. As well, all products imported to The U.S. & Canada should go through stringent safety checks, not just random specimens. With a "level playing field", however, if Chrysler does not want to reproduce an old part, why should they financially benefit from another's efforts?
Mike