boat 440 questions

might have found a 440 for my 62 dart,  It was built for a ski boat
and has about 25 hours on it  supposedly.  It was for a propeller
boat, not a pump.
   the only thing i can tell u for sure is it has ISKY adjustable
rockers , and an edelbock Performer RPM manifold.  what is inside i
can only guess.
  Heres a few things i was wondering about,
 1) How are ski boat motors usually cammed?  would they be similar to
a street caM OR ?????
    2)  hOW ABOUT ROTATION, i hear some boat motors are made to run
backwards.???
       3)  how about compression, would it be high compression??
   the price is right, and the guy seems like a straight shooter, but.......
   neal zimmerman, eugene oregon