us

Well thank you. I do have cousins by the same name in Ohio. There were into realeastae i think Somerville or Somerville I have a desk calaender from one of them. Wewerethrown out in 1784 so unlesss we can have thefarm back their beat.
Slant sixes are a fun engine. I have built both street and strip versions. They are fun and are inexpensive and can stand huge overbores withut so much as a whimper.  I had an early cda with a /6 for strip and street. Ran about the same as my truck 15.80s I bult a couple . one iwth turbo and one without for an altered. the wthout one is stull in our area some 30 years later and ran at the track about 4 years or so back..
My current /6 is in a small rail and i am running it frstrace this weekend. it is a real challenge as it has 6 snowmobile carbs on ot (like early harley carbs.) Ican see it is going to be a big flog to get it rght but i just keep plugging away. it would be avery streetable engine in an early valiant. Saw 3 real nice 63 valiants in the last two weeks around here. Where are they coming from? One blue convertable, one red 2drhtp and one grean twodr hrdtop.
I take the red one please! (It was very nice)
Sixesget overlooked a lot but we forget BMW and prasches and jags back when it mattered are were sixes and no one was laughing at them.
A slant 6 with twin turbos and such built like the modern tuner guys do with thier little oea shooters would be a real fun motor. In the hot rod pictorial of a couple of years ago i think it was the mopar one there is a picture of Keith Blacks shop with engines stored behind him. One of the engines is a very interesting looking slant 6 with the nest of snakes indy style headers. We sure enjoyed our early Barracuda. It was quick and great on fuel too. Many a v8 got smoked with it. I drove it from here to Florida twice as well. maybe it is time to revive these thrifty little motors. A 170 will rev to the moon(8000 + when modified)  while the 225 with its huge 4.12 stroke is a plodder.(6000rpm)
Don

----