memorabilia

I have a few oldies. 63 Hot Rod annual . A 68 issue with a bunch of different stuff in it. i think it is the anniversary issue. Silver background with some funy looking attempt at a hemi by Ford on the cover. I have some pics from my first days at the drags. I also have some of my 1966 time tickets from Ceders Drag Strip (AKA Les Cedres) back in the days of flags and distance handy-caps. But, my most valuable piece  think is a cardboard cutout of Big Daddy Don Garlits that was issued by Kendall for dealers back in the 1970s. It is a perfect as it could be even yet and someday i may part with it. Big Daddy and Keith Black were my heros growing up. Lou Ansen  also. I had an Ansen posi shift in my 58 Dodge. You could wack it with a stick or whatever but it never missed a shift. It is fun to keep the old stuff. We must remember not to be too hasty throwing stuff out even today.
I remember when every mothers son had a 383 Road Runner or a Dart 340. Nobody cared. Now try and find one. It isnt impossible yet but it aint easy either.
Our 63 to 65s are rarer then we think too. I am hoping to enjoy mine for a long time to come.
don

----