Re: torsionbars

The guy forgot to put the picture online, but he writes: "Factory installed torsion bars can be identified in several different ways. Different colored paint splotches were used on the production line to identify the bar both for size and location. The left side bar had two splotches, the right hand side just one. These splotches are located about 12 inches forward of the anchor end of the bar. Orange splotches on this set of 41 inch bars identify them as being from a B body with a slant six engine.

"The end of the bar contains several different marks including the part number, the manufacturing date and a mounting location code."

http://www.arengineering.com/articles/tbartango.html

Gary H.