Re: Band adjustment?

Herb,

Thanks for the details.  But I was up early this morning doing it
before I saw this email.  I have young boys so getting up at 5:30
every day is my best way to work on my cars for a couple of hours ;)
But I think it all made sense and I got it right (I hope).  I referred
back to old emails from Mr. Dulmage.  I drove 15 miles to work this
morning and it seemed to be shifting fine.  It took 8 quarts and I
think I still might need to add a pint.  Pan cover was in great shape
and needed no hammer whacking.

It's good to be driving again.  I'd also replaced the fuel line
(upgraded to 3/8), fuel pump, sending unit, coated the inside of the
gas tank, fixed the bulging radiator, replaced radiator hoses, and
tightened up the front bearings.

Just in time for a Long Island Mopar Power Club meeting tonight.  Of
course, they're predicting a chance of Thunderstorms.

Thanks again.

- Jim
Jim Altemose, Long Island, NY
'63 Polara 500 (Max Wedge)