From: Paul Lennemann <pjlenn@xxxxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 8:42 pm
Subject: shift cable headaches

I'm having two headaches in getting the S.F. back on the road.  The
shift cable adjustment and header bolt coolant leaks.  I can recite the
cable adjustment procedure in my sleep and I have fudged it a hole or
three each way from the initial setting with no luck.  I'm really
resisting dropping the pan.  Tomorrow I'll get my lovely assistant to
help me and I'm going to start from scratch.
I took your advice Don, and got some hi-temp RTV plus copper.  And I've
gotten a couple sealed but the one I did tonite immediately started
leaking.  Should I let it sit overnite perhaps before I start the
engine?
I took it on a short shakedown cruise and the improvement is dramatic.
It feels really strong.
It is basically an "Old Reliable" build except for the cam as I kept the
Isky I was running previously.

Paul L.
'63 Sport Fury
440/727
http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-lennemann63.html

----
Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person -- directly
to that person.  I.e., send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well as
other personal messages only to the intended recipient, not to the Clubhouse
public address. This practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume
of mail and fine tune the content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!

----