Leaking header bolts etc.

I got my leak fixed, finally.  I made a rookie mistake.  It was actually
leaking from the #2 bolt and running down along the underside of the
header flange and dripping from underneath #3.  Took it out monday
afternoon and drove it @10 miles no leaks!  Got the shift cable adjusted
too.
Went outside of town on a paved road and put my foot in it while rolling
@ 5 mph!  What a handful, I was hoping it would be pointed down the road
when it finally hooked up and not toward the ditch, WOW.
Only one problem remaining, I can't keep the speedo cable engaged on the
transmission end.  The inner cable keeps backing out.  Almost like it is
too short.  This is a brand new cable from Imperial.  Am I missing
something?

Paul L.
'63 Sport Fury
440/727