RE: V10

Hey Big D I really enjoy reading everything you write. You are a smart man. A couple days ago I saw you on tv Playing the violin. I sounded great. Cindy

From: Don Dulmage <big-d@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: V10
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 19:43:03 -0400

I am sorry, I meant to do this yesterday. I measured the V10 and the slant six. From the firewall to the front of the front pulleys (without fan) it measures 32 inches. it appears to be 34 inches from the bellhousing as near as i can maeasure from the side also without the clutch fan. The slant six in the Senior Dragster measured just over 31 inches .almost 32 from the bellhousing to the front pulley and water pump stub. The V10 has a bit of bellhousing behind the head deck surface the slant six has virtually none. That is probably where the two inches comes from. With an electric fan it will go in no mods were a slant six has been (i mean no firewal mods etc. Mounts are little different than a magnum series A blocks. The pan though is huge but not an insurmountable problem. The v10 truck is very thrifty on fuel , Better than most 318 and 360 trucks with simlar equipment and huge on torque with decent HP. Mine ran 15.86 when new with spinning tires. That is at 5316# .At say 3750# it would be a smooth running quiet powerful sleeper. Mine was 300 HP. Newer ones were 310. Torque is flat almost from about 1100 to 4400 RPM if i remember the chart correctly. I still have one here somewhere. I had a warranty intake gasket update when the truck was a couple of months old. Other than that zero repairs. in 14 years. I dont know if I am big on seeing it a 63 or 64 B body but a 62 to 63 half ton i twould make a beleiver out of anyone.
Don

----

----