Re: NOS clutch Sure Grip for sale

Hi Gary,

You may remember we have exchanged emails occasionally in the past.

I have some questions I thought you might help me with as you seem pretty knowledgeable about rear ends (and all things Mopar it seems)

I have 1965 Belvedere Wagon. It has the 741 rearend. One-legged and I think its the 2.94 or maybe the 2.76 (its pretty high).

My eventual plan is to replace the 360 that is now in the car (car was originally a 273) with a 440 (apart) that came with the car when I bought it. I want to make the car a comfortable cruiser (with air, so Mama is willing to travel in it) but also take it to the drags once in awhile. (Sac Raceway). Would like to have the car in the 14's.

I would like to have a suregrip rear end with around 3.73 or so (heavy car so would like a low rear end to pull it out of the hole--course maybe that's not best either with the way fuel is going..)

The after market seems to have given up on 741's as all the ads are for 742's and 489's. As I understand it I can only put 741 "stuff" into my 741 so to do anything else would mean a whole new rear end. Not that that is not a consideration, but then we are starting to get into more money. I should also note, I'm not an experienced mechanic. Probably will have to recruit some help to do rear end things.

So, if you care to, I would be very interested in your thoughts and recommendations.

Thanks in Advance,

Take Care,

Jimmie      in Northern California
1970 Dodge Dart Swinger 340-4spd, Go Mango in color (original paint)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12601467@N08/
1965 Plymouth Belvedere Station Wagon  360-Auto/To be a 440 (Current Project)
2001 Chrysler Concorde LXI  "Rose" (Wife's car)
2006 RAM 3500 4X4 Mega Cab Cummins Diesel Pickup

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gary Pavlovich" <glpavlovich@xxxxxxx>