Re: "Cash for Clunkers" on hold

my guess is, eventually , even if u get to keep  your old  car, the
fees for registaration, tags etc. will be jacked up so high no little
man could afford it.  In other words a penalty for your smog.
  True my 64 barracuda puts out a lot more emissions than some new
car, on a minute by minute comparison, but if u balanced out the
pounds of smog created in my 500 miles a year driving compared to the
average 1200 miles a month  lazy american" driving everywhere, even
two blocks to get a quart of milk", pound for pound ,and mile to mile,
 it wouldnt be even close.
  They need to take that into account, but i know they wont.  IMO
    neal zimmerman, eugene oregon