RE: Battery Relocation Question

Well it's not nylon jacketed, etc.. However it is extremely flexible and
the insulation holds up well to abuse. I did completely cover my cable
with heat shrink and the end at the starter is covered in the old fabric
cover from the original. Plus I removed the battery cable support rod
from the frame and relocated it to the lower right stud on the master
cylinder support plate, viewed from front. That kept it farther back
near the firewall. I also ran it right below the top of the inner fender
with cable clamps. If I am further concerned I will install some more
heat shielding but I think that would be overkill. I can understand heat
concerns but it can be overcome.

Herb wrote:

> Saw the same show!  They stated the insulation would not hold up under
> automotive use and would break down causing major electrical problems!
> Burn Baby Burn!!"  )-:
>

>  Herb
>
> 1959 Coronet 326 Poly
> 1963 Fury 2D/HT 6.1
> 1963 Sport Fury Convertible 361
> 1970 Challenger RT 440
> 1999 Durango SLT 5.9
> 2006 300-C Heritage 5.7
> 2008 SRT-8 Magnum 6.1
> St. Louis, MO.
>

>  You don't need a parachute to skydive. You only need one to skydive
>  twice.

----

u/?bUrDWg.bSONJP.YXJjLjYy

?p=TEXFOOTER