Re: Ignition Tuning

Too tall a gear to feel much power with any cam.

  Jimmy

Bill wrote:
OK...now that I have the cam FINALLY broken in, and a carb kit on the
way for my AVS, I need to do some fine tuning. When I put my buddies
Edelbrock carb (box stock and untouched) on the car for break in, it
seemed to run pretty well. But when we drove it, it didn't seem to
have much more power than my stock 2bbl setup @ lower rpm's, and it
wasn't super impressive @ the higher end. I'm guessing tuning the
distributor is next and I've never messed with ignition curving before
so I definitely need some help. Besides tuning the distributor and
some tweaks on the carb, what else can I do to it?

For now I'm be running a Carter AVS, Pertronix electronic ignition,
.450 lift cam, stock convertor, and 2.93 gears. This car is a cruiser,
but I want some power ans expected much more from the swap right away.
Was I Wrong? Suggestions?

Thanks!

----