360 crank was Re: SV: aluminum - steel flywheels (was Re: Fw: Flywheel)

360 crank was Re: SV: aluminum - steel flywheels (was Re: Fw: Flywheel)

FWIW I have a 360 crank also with drilled counterweight holes, just like yours,
and some rounded corners, although some are beveled. the rod and main
journals have grooves on each side. the number is 4027169-3
followed with a circle with 6 pie wedges in it, and the the letters CFD
after that. the number is cast in, by the way, and there are other casting
marks and ridges also visible. I read that all 360 cranks are cast ,,,
but I also have heard that if you tap on the crank with a tool or stick/whatever and it rings like a bell, which mine does, then it's a forged steel crank? so I'm not sure about that test? I also noticed some grooves cut in concentic circles on the side of some of the throws? My crank also has grease pencil
markings on it, but I wont confuse the matter any more with those.

I was and still might use this crank for my Poly stroker project some day,
when I can afford the machine work.

Schuyler
62 Dodge Dart 440 wagon w/ Poly 318
 <http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-wrobel62.html>
FYI - I Do the Decal designs for the Poly head 318 and more! email me with your needs -
 <sky62@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>