To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2009 5:34 PM
Subject: RE: Attencion 440 Experts

I intend to build my 440 whenever I can. My approach will be along Don
D's "Ol Reliable" build. I would be sure to get a Mopar specific cam
such as Racer Brown or Comp. These are streetable. As far as a converter
goes I'd call Dynamic converter and let them tell you the right choice.
They know they're stuff and will do you right. You'll need to decide on
all the components for a proper decision. I like the Eddy carbs because
they can be understood even by me. Really consider whether you'll be
long distance cruising or blowing away "Ch**bies". Gear ratio is
important. My mileage increased almost half again by changing from a
2:76 open diff to a 3:91 SG. It may be hard to believe but it was out of
the lock-up range for the converter before the change. Look hard at what
you expect and do it right. You'll be happy.
Jimmy Peavy wrote:

go to a 3800  stall Dynamic convertor

   Jimmy

----