To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2009 7:30 PM
Subject: Re: Damn little brake shoe retainer springs!!

${top_text_ad}
They make a cone and circular shape tool that makes installing them
easy. I've had mine for a long time. KD tools may make one. You can
probably find one at the auto store.

  Gary F.

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 5:53 PM, J. O.<JJO1967@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am trying to install those little black springs that hold the shoes back to the backing plate. I have managed to ruin two of them already, and I realize there's something wrong.

I've been pushing a small phillips screwdriver into the spring and thus stretching it toward the little clip, and trying to hook it up. This is when many of the things get bent out of shape.

What's the trick?

I love how the kit comes with ZERO instruction, ZERO part identification.

thanks in advance!! My car is almost ready to drive to the alignment shop!

Jim Ozolins